I am a Ph.D. student in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), under the supervision of Prof. Tim Kraska. I am a member of the MIT Database Group and the Data System and AI Lab (DSAIL) at MIT.
Before that, I spent one year at the Database Group of Brown University and worked at Hulu as a software developer for two years. I received my bachelor degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, under the guidance of Prof. Guoliang Li.
My name is 尚泽远 in Chinese, and it is “Tse-Yüan Shang” in Wade-Giles romanization. If you would like to know more about me (especially about my research), please feel free to reach out to me.
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning for Systems
- Large-scale Interactive Data Analytics
- 2018-12, our paper How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Re-optimization got accepted by ICDE 2019.
- 2018-07, I received the Ashar Aziz Presidential Fellowship from MIT, really appreciate it!
- 2018-06, I received SIGMOD Student Travel Award, thanks very much to the Travel Award Selection Committee of SIGMOD 2018!
- 2018-06, I started my graduate study of PhD in EECS at MIT CSAIL, working with Prof. Tim Kraska.
- 2018-04, our paper Towards Interactive Curation & Automatic Tuning of ML Pipelines got accepted by DEEM 2018 (in conjunction with SIGMOD/PODS 2018).