I am a Ph.D. student in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), under the supervision of Prof. Tim Kraska. I am a member of the MIT Database Group and the Data System and AI Lab (DSAIL) at MIT.
I got my master degree from MIT EECS. Before that, I spent one year at the Database Group of Brown University and worked at Hulu as a software developer for two years. I received my bachelor degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University, under the guidance of Prof. Guoliang Li.
My name is 尚泽远 in Chinese, and it is “Tse-Yüan Shang” in Wade-Giles romanization. If you would like to know more about me (especially about my research), please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Large-scale Interactive Data Analytics
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Automated Machine Learning (AutoML)
- Conference Reviewer: AutoML@ICML (2018, 2019, 2020), NAS@ICLR 2020, ICDE 2021
- Journal Reviewer: VLDB Journal, Transactions on Data Science
- 2020-02, I got my master degree from MIT EECS! Check out my thesis here.
- 2019-10, two papers got accepted by NeurIPS 2019 workshops. One paper Niseko: a Large-Scale Meta-Learning Dataset was accepted by Workshop on Meta-Learning at NeurIPS 2019 and another paper Alpine Meadow: A System for Interactive AutoML was accepted by Workshop on Systems for ML at NeurIPS 2019.
- 2019-04, our paper Balance-Aware Distributed String Similarity-Based Query Processing System got accepted by VLDB 2019, a collaboration with folks from Tsinghua University when I was an undergrad there.
- 2019-04, I received SIGMOD Student Travel Award, thanks very much to the Travel Award Selection Committee of SIGMOD 2019!
- 2019-03, our paper Democratizing Data Science through Interactive Curation of ML Pipelines got accepted by SIGMOD 2019. Looking forward to visiting Amsterdam in this June!